Find out more about Church Management Software
What is Church Management Software?
Church management software enables religious organizations and churches to automate common management, administrative, and reporting tasks. These feature-rich systems help to streamline daily processes, support collaboration, and expedite communications. They are available as both comprehensive and standalone applications. Churches of any size and budget can benefit from this type of software.
Church management software can be used to manage membership and mailings, events, fundraising, and report generation. Churches can utilize the package to reduce costs and track the growth in their congregations. Start by checking our leader Planning Center, and other recommended solutions in this category.
Top 10 Most Popular Church Management Software
Best Church Management Software
How To Choose The Best Church Management Software
Church management software aids churches and religious organizations to automate and streamline routine daily tasks. This type of system offers undeniable benefits, but how do you select the best church management software programs as each one offers different tools? To avoid mistakes, churches need to carefully investigate a shortlist of platforms to ensure they pick an apt solution. To help you, we provide the lowdown on what is church management software and the top functionalities and elements to look for in it.
Get to know each product with free trial
The best church management software providers offer a free trial or demo to enable potential buyers to do a comparison of the features before they invest their money. Utilize this opportunity to understand if each app’s feature set offers what you need. Visit the websites of these popular church software systems to check if they offer a free trial: Servant Keeper, Churchteams, Roll Call, and Breeze. These applications have high rankings in our church management software reviews, so take a good look at them.
- Small and family size churches. Though people are familiar with each other in small churches, still church managers need to record contributions, track attendance, and maintain membership data. They can invest in affordable installed or SaaS products to manage daily administrative tasks.
- Medium and large size churches. Churches that have 250 to 2,000 members usually have large budgets that need advanced accounting and reporting programs. These apps efficiently track spending by project, department, and fund, and automate member contributions, fixed asset tracking, payroll, and taxes.
- Megachurches. These churches have more than 2,000 members and may use multiple locations. So, they need a system that offers a single database that enables leaders to track and report from any location to manage events and outreach programs. Plus, the software should offer communication tools to assist volunteers and members to create groups, collaborate, and schedule activities.
Examples of Church Management Software
- Servant Keeper: A member and volunteer management system suitable for midsize to enterprise-level faith-based organizations and churches. They can use it to reduce administrative overhead and streamline member management.
- Churchteams: A church management software solution aimed at churches overseeing multiple ministries and small groups. It supports membership management, contributions, check-in, mass communications and more.
- Roll Call: A church management platform with on-premise as well as cloud deployment options. It offers a church attendance portal, children’s check-in system, group and class management system, contribution tracking system, and centralized membership database.
- Breeze: A web-based solution catering to the requirements of small and midsize churches across the US. The app is intuitive and easy to use.
Types of Church Management Software
The main advantage of desktop-based systems is you can store everything securely on your computers. You own the solution and your data. However, you need to take care to perform regular backups so that your church data is safe in case a disaster or emergency crashes your on-premise computers.
Web-based or cloud systems
These solutions can be accessed from anywhere, anytime. Therefore, they are ideal for larger churches that have employees working in diverse locations. Top apps offer handy features such as enabling members to view their personal membership records as well as donation history from their home.
Key Features of Church Management Software
- Membership management. You can securely store and update important member, visitor, and volunteer data such as addresses, phone numbers, and activity involvement. Plus, you can utilize reporting and search features to customize lists and create directories for outreach.
- Check-in and child security. Check-in tools track member and visitor attendance at events such as retreats, camps, and seminars. Plus, they can integrate with touch screen technology to enable self-service check-in. Child check-in functionality helps to keep track of children present in specific church places such as nurseries and classrooms.
- Communications/outreach. These tools can be used to engage members through direct mail, email marketing, events, and activities.
- Volunteer management. Empowers churches to organize volunteers’ contact details, availability, work history and more. Scheduling features and outreach tools can be utilized to contact volunteers for planned events.
- Event and facilities management. Helps to reduce the time spent on managing group events and activities. Scheduling tools prevent double booking of resources such as video equipment, vans, and rooms. Other functionalities include tracking and reporting, payment process support, event listing search, and web-based registration.
- Accounting. Helps to securely track and report revenues and expenses for multiple funds.
- Contributions/donor management. Helps to securely collect and manage major, planned, and individual donations.
Benefits of Church Management Software
What benefits can your church expect by subscribing to a church software solution? Here is the list of major advantages:
- You can maintain a secure contact database that contains details of all members, visitors, and volunteers.
- Reporting capabilities enable you to compile the data needed to make effective stewardship decisions.
- You can improve membership engagement by easily communicating announcements to select groups and individuals as well as the entire congregation.
- Securely track contributions and donations with back-end processing and reporting to generate statements and maintain records for audit purposes.
- Use automated activity and event scheduling tools to empower groups and members.
- Social media. Faith-based organizations and churches are keeping pace with the times and leveraging the popularity of social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter to engage members and volunteers. They are sharing information and content on these sites to get support for their events and activities. Plus, they are linking social media channels with other outreach mediums like email to improve communication with members.
- Online donations. Surveys report that online donations are increasing at faith-based groups and congregations. To utilize the popularity of the internet, churches need to provide members and volunteers effortless ways to make online and mobile contributions.
Churches may fail to make full use of the software because of the following reasons:
- They may invest in a solution that does not integrate with other accounting, membership, and contributions tools, or is not capable of scaling to meet growth.
- Churches may overlook important regulatory, compliance, or accounting issues.
- Do not possess the software infrastructure and knowhow to support integration of applications from different vendors.
- Fail to provide adequate training to staff members to utilize the full functionality and features of the software.
List of Church Management Software Companies
Page last modified
Our Score Read More
Our website utilizes our innovative SmartScore™ method to test all the services in the Church Management Software category in orded to help you select the best possible application. It analyzes the following elements: essential modules, collaboration possibilities, custom elements, integrations with other services, intuitiveness, help & support, how secure a software is, mobile support, scores in other media. As of now, Planning Center is the leader in this category and we gave it the highest score in our tests. After extensive testing it received the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you include it as one of the alternatives for your business.
User Satisfaction Read More
A summary of general user satisfaction with the services in our Church Management Software category evaluated with our unique algorythm that finds client reviews, comments and opinions across a broad set of social media platforms in order to help you make an informed buying choice.
Pricing Read More
Each vendor in the Church Management Software category will have a different set of pricing packages for its app and each plan will include a unique set of tools. Below we list the overal pricing for the most affordable plan offered for each service. Keep in mind that advanced features may cost extra.
Devices Supported Read More
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by these B2B solutions in the Church Management Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Laguages Supported Read More
Find out what languages and countries are supported by the best B2B solutions in the Church Management Software category, including services aimed at international markets and created for multi-cultural groups of employees.
Pricing Model Read More
Find out what pricing models are supported by the vendors in the Church Management Software category to see which one suits your business requirements and budget best. Keep in mind that some solutions can offer free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
Customer Types Read More
An overview of what kinds of companies a specific B2B service in the Church Management Software category aims for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.
Deployment Read More
An overview of what styles of service deployement are offered by each B2B vendor in the Church Management Software category. While most of modern SaaS solutions are cloud-based there are services might offer an on-site deployment model too.